Comprehensive In Depth Integrated Representation
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Estate planning
Mr. Donovan started his professional career in Washington DC with the White House Office of Economic Opportunity first as clerk typist and then as a program assistant. Later he was a summer law clerk with the procurement section of the Office of the General Counsel of the Federal Aviation Administration. Mr. Donovan became an attorney advisor with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission's Division of Corporate Finance in Washington DC where in addition to Division legal filing review, litigation support and no action letter projects he also worked in congressional relations and as a speech writer for commissioners. Mr. Donovan joined the Minneapolis firm of Maslon Kaplan where he worked on public offerings, private placements, securities, corporate projects, real estate financing and title work, litigation, film distribution and organized professional sports matters. Mr. Donovan then relocated to Los Angeles and established his own law firm. Later, The Donovan Offices were organized and its private investment banking services and advisory services were commenced.
Mr. Donovan has served as the President and Chief Operating Officer of an Australian based film Production Company, a major Arizona citrus farming, packing, fruit sales and marketing company and a Florida based real estate development company. For more than 20 years, Mr. Donovan was one of three directors of the entertainment industry payroll company, Entertainment Partners and its predecessors.
Mr. Donovan served as a FINRA- NASDQ arbitration panel chair for many years and is an arbitrator for The Los Angeles County Bar Association's Attorney Client Fee Dispute Services. Until 2009 Mr. Donovan was a Trustee of Dan Murphy Foundation, Los Angeles, California and a member of Loyola Marymount University's Fine Arts Council.
Mr. Donovan is an author of "Federal Regulation of Resort Condominiums" (Practicing Law Institute) and a Co Author of Dow Jones- Irwin's "Handbook for Entertainers".
- White House Office of Economic Opportunity, Clerk Typist and Program Assistant
- Office of the General Counsel of the Federal Aviation Administration, procurement section, Summer Law Clerk
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, Division of Corporate Finance, Attorney Advisor
- Minneapolis firm of Maslon Kaplan
- University of Miami School Law, Miami, Florida
- The Catholic University of America, Washington
- Keveny Memorial Academy, Cohoes, New York
- California, 1976
- Florida, 1969
- Minnesota, 1973
- Author, "Federal Regulation of Resort Condominiums" (Practicing Law Institute)
- Co-Author, Dow Jones- Irwin's "Handbook for Entertainers"
- Florida State Bar
- Minnesota Bar Association
- California State Bar
- Entertainment Industry Payroll Company, Entertainment Partners, Director
- The Los Angeles County Bar Association, Attorney Client Fee Dispute Services, Arbitrator
- Dan Murphy Foundation, Los Angeles, California, Trustee, 2009 to 2009
- Loyola Marymount University's Fine Arts Council, Member
- FINRA- NASDQ arbitration, Panel chair